Section 26.1, 26.23
Objectives and Policy Statement
Metra has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. Metra has received federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is Metra's policy to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs and small businesses can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs and small businesses in DOT-assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
Janice R. Thomas has been hired as the Senior Division Director of the Office of Business Diversity & Community Relations (DBE Liaison Officer). The Senior Division Director is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Metra in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
Metra has disseminated this policy statement to its Board of Directors and all of the components of our organization. Metra has distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts by incorporating it into our procurement processes and posting it on our website.
To view the signed copy of DBE’s Objectives and Policy Statement, please click here.