Getting Ready for Winter Weather
Know Before You Go
- Email alerts – Customers can sign up to receive service alerts via email for a specific rail line during the times of day that are most important to them. Go to My Metra to create an account.
- Ventra App – Customers can download the app and use the Transit Tracker for information about Metra trains, Pace buses and CTA trains and buses. The free app is available in the App Store or Google Play.
- Track your Train – Customers can access real-time information about train status and service alerts via the homepage of this website. This information is also reflected in the Schedule tool, which allows you to generate a schedule between two stops on a line for a specific day.
- Twitter – Customers can follow each of Metra’s 11 rail lines or receive more general information about agency operations. Go general Metra tweets, go here. Or click on the following links for individual lines: UP North, Milwaukee North, North Central Service, UP Northwest, Milwaukee West, UP West, BNSF, SouthWest Service, Heritage Corridor, Rock Island and Metra Electric.
- Passenger Services – Customers can call 312-322-6777 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with questions about train schedules and service. On evenings and weekends, call the RTA Travel Information Center at 312-836-7000. Calls are answered from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day.
- Visit the National Weather Service website for the latest weather and storm-related information.
- Watch local television and listen to local radio stations for Metra travel and service updates.
- Give yourself plenty of time to travel to the station and park.
- Use caution when walking on wet or icy station platforms.
- If you are already traveling, listen for announcements at stations and on board trains.