Senior citizen/disability fares
Your comments are welcome
What is P-8?
What are the rules for P-8?
- The origin or destination must be within ½ mile of a non-accessible Metra station. This is called the qualifying station.
- Travel is allowed only to or from the next accessible station on the same line.
- If an accessible bus or train operates within ½ mile of the qualifying station to or from the next accessible Metra station, the trip is not eligible.
Examples of eligible and non-eligible trips
- Most trips within the city of Chicago are not eligible since all of Chicago is within ½ mile of an accessible bus line most of the time. There are, however, very limited exceptions.
- For example, because the accessible (#1 Indiana) bus does not operate weekday evenings after the rush hour or on weekends, P-8 service is eligible on parts of the South Shore Line to the McCormick Place Station during those periods.
- Trips from Main Street Station in Evanston to Rogers Park Station are eligible because CTA buses do not go to Metra's Roger Park Station. Trips to Central Street Station from Main Street Station are eligible only between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. since a CTA bus operates during the day.
- Trips from Oak Park Station are not eligible since CTA's Green Line runs downtown.